[PHP export] Modify English Output

Discussions about programming for OpenEstate-ImmoTool
Forum rules
Please consider the general rules for this board, before you enter the discussion.

[PHP export] Modify English Output

Postby Eddy-R3 » Fri 12. Apr 2013, 15:00

Hey guys, great project and works a charm, I use it with CMSMS and it works flawlessly, just wondering if there was a way of having the data/output/exported information in English? :)
Many thanks!

Eddy
Eddy-R3

Re: English Output

Postby Andreas Rudolph » Fri 12. Apr 2013, 15:39

Hi Eddy,

thanks for your feedback and welcome to our little community. :)

Eddy-R3 wrote:just wondering if there was a way of having the data/output/exported information in English? :)

You can also export your properties in English language to your website - or you can export multiple languages together. Beforehand you need to make sure

1. that you have enabled the languages, in which you want to promote your properties. You can find these settings in the main-menu at "Extras » Settings » Languages". Here you need to enable "English" language. Afterwards you can store informations about your properties in any language, that was enabled in the settings dialog.
  2. that you have enabled the languages, which you want to export to your website. You can configure this in the settings of your website export. There you can select a primary language and as much secondary languages as you want.

Afterwards you can start the export procedure again. For the first time you should do a FULL EXPORT - to make sure, that all published properties are updated on your webspace. Please let me know, if you have any question / problems about the procedure.
Mit freundlichem Gruß / Yours sincerely
Andreas Rudolph
Andreas Rudolph

Postby Eddy-R3 » Fri 12. Apr 2013, 16:24

AMAZING! Thankyou so much for your help! :) Worked a charm, i changed the settings in the software to export English/US, then altered the export-interface as English/US and it worked great! :)

Can i make a suggestion? On the display of the property on the site, under the details tab of the property, it says :

measures

residential area: approximately 100 m²
number of rooms: 4
plot area: approximately 1,000 m²

(thats just my sample data)

I think it should read "Measurements" or "Statistics"

Is this something that can be easily altered? Or is it hard coded into the software? =o)

URL For reference : http://emonestates.co.uk/index.php?page=Property
Eddy-R3

Postby Andreas Rudolph » Sun 14. Apr 2013, 10:40

Hi Eddy-R3.

Eddy-R3 wrote:Can i make a suggestion? On the display of the property on the site, under the details tab of the property, it says :

measures

I think it should read "Measurements" or "Statistics"

Any suggestion, that improves our software, is welcome. I'm not a native English speaker - maybe "measures" is not the most common term, for what we wanted to express. ;)

But I think, that the term is not completely wrong. The translation service at dict.cc translates "measures" to the german word "Maße", which also can be translated as "measurements", "metrics", "dimensions". I'm not sure at the moment, if we should change our current term "measures".

Nevertheless you can change any text of the PHP export, with a small modification in your "myconfig.php". For example the following code replaces the word "measures" with "measurements" on your website:

Code: Select all
  /**
   * Übersetzungen überschreiben / ergänzen.
   * @param array $translations verwendete Übersetzungen
   * @param string $lang zweistelliger ISO-Sprachcode
   */
  function load_translations( &$translations, $lang ) {
    if ($lang=='en')
    {
      $translations['openestate']['groups']['flaechen'] = 'measurements';
    }
  } 

The function "load_translations()" is already available in your "myconfig.php" - you just need to change it's content.

With this procedure, you can change any translation string, that is available in "data/i18n_en.php", according to your personal preferences...

BTW: I've moved your question about custominzing CSS into a separate thread.
Mit freundlichem Gruß / Yours sincerely
Andreas Rudolph
Andreas Rudolph

Re: [PHP export] English Output

Postby Eddy-R3 » Mon 15. Apr 2013, 11:07

Excellent, that worked perfectly! :D Thanks again Andreas!
Eddy-R3

Return to Programming