[Joomla, PHP export] Bug found using language filter plug-in

Discussions about technical problems regarding OpenEstate-ImmoTool
Forum rules
Please consider the general rules for this board, before you enter the discussion.

[Joomla, PHP export] Bug found using language filter plug-in

Postby lanz » Mon 9. May 2011, 12:16

Hi, I am creating a website with Joomla 1.6 using openestate was trying to create a multilingual website, when activating the plug-in language filter that I realized I could no longer use the property search of Openestate component.

If I have activated the language filter and use the search option of openestate, I get error on page and the URL I get this.

Code: Select all
http://localhost/joomla/index.php/es/index.php/es/index.php/es/index.php/es/index.php/es/index.php/es/index.php/es/ index.php / en / index.php / en / index.php / en / index.php / en / index.php / en / index.php / en / index.php / en / index.php / en / index. php / en / index.php / en / index.php / en / index.php / en / index.php / en / index.php / en / index.php? wrap = index & option = com_openestate & view = listing & Itemid = 118 & wrapped_lang = en & cat = & wrapped_view = index & wrapped_page = 1 & submit = & wrapped_order = id-desc & wrapped_filter [action] = & wrapped_filter [type] = & wrapped_filter [alter] =


If a deactivate the plugin all is back ok.
lanz
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon 2. May 2011, 16:37

Re: Bug found using language filter plug-in

Postby Andreas Rudolph » Mon 9. May 2011, 16:01

Hi Lanz,

lanz wrote:when activating the plug-in language filter that I realized I could no longer use the property search of Openestate component.

what kind of language plugin do you mean exactly?

  1. An external Joomla component / plugin for the integration of multi language features into your website? - If yes, what kind of plugin did you use?
  2. Or the multi language feature of the php export itself?

Code: Select all
http://localhost/joomla/index.php/es/index.php/es/index.php/es/index.php/es/index.php/es/index.php/es/index.php/es/ index.php / en / index.php / en / index.php / en / index.php / en / index.php / en / index.php / en / index.php / en / index.php / en / index. php / en / index.php / en / index.php / en / index.php / en / index.php / en / index.php / en / index.php? wrap = index & option = com_openestate & view = listing & Itemid = 118 & wrapped_lang = en & cat = & wrapped_view = index & wrapped_page = 1 & submit = & wrapped_order = id-desc & wrapped_filter [action] = & wrapped_filter [type] = & wrapped_filter [alter] =

That's really looking nasty... :shock:
Mit freundlichem Gruß / Yours sincerely
Andreas Rudolph
User avatar
Andreas Rudolph
 
Posts: 3738
Joined: Tue 16. Feb 2010, 21:48
Location: Berlin, Germany

Re: Bug found using language filter plug-in

Postby lanz » Mon 9. May 2011, 22:40

Andreas Rudolph wrote:
lanz wrote:when activating the plug-in language filter that I realized I could no longer use the property search of Openestate component.

what kind of language plugin do you mean exactly?

  1. An external Joomla component / plugin for the integration of multi language features into your website? - If yes, what kind of plugin did you use?
  2. Or the multi language feature of the php export itself?


Hi sorry I could not answer before, well in fact,yes, I'm talking about the plug-in for Multilanguage features, the plugin name is language filter and is part of the core of joomla 1.6.
I'll let you the video that i follow to make it work on my website.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsHYF9DklDc

All work perfectly, but if i have activated the plugin, the search feature of openestate give me a big error.
Last edited by Andreas Rudolph on Tue 17. May 2011, 00:19, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fullquote was removed
lanz
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon 2. May 2011, 16:37

Re: Bug found using language filter plug-in

Postby Andreas Rudolph » Tue 17. May 2011, 00:30

Hi Lanz,

I was quite busy for the last few days - so my response took a little bit longer...


Thanks for pointing me to the YouTube-link about Joomla's multi-language feature. That was also pretty new for me... :)

lanz wrote:If I have activated the language filter and use the search option of openestate, I get error on page and the URL I get this.

After playing around with this feature, I was able to reproduce the problem. It seems to be an redirection issue, that appears if 'search friendly url's' are enabled inside Joomla. As a workaround you can disable Joomla's 'SEF'-feature in the 'global configuration'.

I was able to find a solution for that issue - but unfortunately it's unavoidable to wait until the next ImmoTool update (0.9.14 / 1.0-beta9). Together with the upcoming update, we will also provide an update for the OpenEstate-Component. At first sight it looks, that the problem only occurs together with Joomla 1.6...
Mit freundlichem Gruß / Yours sincerely
Andreas Rudolph
User avatar
Andreas Rudolph
 
Posts: 3738
Joined: Tue 16. Feb 2010, 21:48
Location: Berlin, Germany

Re: [Joomla, PHP export] Bug found using language filter plu

Postby Andreas Rudolph » Thu 16. Jun 2011, 04:11

Hi Lanz,

sorry for my late response. I was quite busy during the last days, so it took a bit more time as expected to fix that problem. With the currently updated version 0.2.2 of the OpenEstate wrapper component, the redirection problem together with a multilingual Joomla should not occur anymore.

Thanks a lot for this hint. :)
Mit freundlichem Gruß / Yours sincerely
Andreas Rudolph
User avatar
Andreas Rudolph
 
Posts: 3738
Joined: Tue 16. Feb 2010, 21:48
Location: Berlin, Germany


Return to Technical problems

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron