Fault Spanish language

Discussions about technical problems regarding OpenEstate-ImmoTool
Forum rules
Please consider the general rules for this board, before you enter the discussion.

Fault Spanish language

Postby sgisoft » Wed 10. Oct 2012, 18:13

Hello,
First of all congratulations for the work done since the program is very complete. :D

I installed InmoTool in Spanish, both a Windows and Linux, and have noticed that the Spanish translation fails.
Appear question marks (???) In the program's menus instead of the relevant texts.
If we change the language to English is displayed correctly.
We would like to know if this problem can be verified.
Thank you.
A greeting.
sgisoft

Re: Fault Spanish language

Postby Andreas Rudolph » Thu 11. Oct 2012, 04:19

Hello sgisoft,

thanks a lot for your notice. Unfortunately, I can't reproduce the problem with the spanish language pack up to now. I've checked it with Debian Linux and Windows XP together with the latest Java6 and Java7.

Maybe it helps to reinstall ImmoTool on your system. If you have used the EXE installer for your first installation, please try the ZIP archive instead.

If the problem still occurs after you've reinstalled the program, please change to english language and click in the main menu to Extras » Protocols and select the file system.log. Please save this file to your disk and send it to me as an attachment in your next response.
Mit freundlichem Gruß / Yours sincerely
Andreas Rudolph
Andreas Rudolph

Postby sgisoft » Thu 11. Oct 2012, 10:45

Thanks for the quick response.
I tested directly with the compressed version OpenEstate-ImmoTool-0.9.21.tar.gz on Debian Linux 6.0 updated to today and still see the same problem, the facility is clean, no previous data on its influence them.
In addition, we performed another installation, this time with OpenEstate-ImmoTool-0.9.21.zip and another different Windows XP we used before. The results are identical. We have used the executable and the. Bat in case there was any difference.
In addition we tested the beta version but has no Spanish module, so we can not verify if they have the same symptoms.
We send the logs of the program (Windows XP) to see if they are the cause of this problem.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sgisoft

Postby Andreas Rudolph » Thu 11. Oct 2012, 11:36

Thanks for the protocol. With these informations I was able to reproduce the issue on my test environment. The problem only occurs with certain language settings in your operating system. We're going to fix that problem with the upcoming update (0.9.22), that will be released within the next days.

In the meantime you can use the following workaround:

For Windows systems:

• Create an empty BAT file in the program directory - let's call it for example 'ImmoTool-spanish.bat'.
  • Copy the following content into the BAT file:
    Code: Select all
    @ECHO OFF

:: path to java.exe
    SET JAVA_EXE=java.exe

:: memory settings
    SET JAVA_HEAP_MINIMUM=32m
    SET JAVA_HEAP_MAXIMUM=256m
    SET JAVA_PERM_SIZE=64m

:: prefer IPv4 networking
    SET JAVA_PREFER_IPV4=true

:: hardware acceleration via OpenGL
    SET JAVA_OPENGL=false

:: launch ImmoTool
    %JAVA_EXE% -Xms%JAVA_HEAP_MINIMUM% -Xmx%JAVA_HEAP_MAXIMUM% -XX:MaxPermSize=%JAVA_PERM_SIZE% -Dsun.java2d.opengl=%JAVA_OPENGL% -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=%JAVA_PREFER_IPV4% -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Duser.language=en -Duser.region=US -jar OpenEstate-Tool.jar %*
  • If you launch the application by double click on 'ImmoTool-spanish.bat', the problem (hopefully) should not occur anymore.

For Linux systems:

• Create an empty SH file in the program directory - let's call it for example 'ImmoTool-spanish.sh'.
  • Copy the following content into the SH file:
    #!/bin/sh

# path to java runtime
    JAVA_BIN=java
    #JAVA_BIN=/opt/java/bin/java
    #JAVA_BIN=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/bin/java

# memory settings
    JAVA_HEAP_MINIMUM=32m
    JAVA_HEAP_MAXIMUM=256m
    JAVA_PERM_SIZE=64m

# hardware acceleration via OpenGL
    JAVA_OPENGL=false

# launch ImmoTool
    $JAVA_BIN -Xms$JAVA_HEAP_MINIMUM -Xmx$JAVA_HEAP_MAXIMUM -XX:MaxPermSize=$JAVA_PERM_SIZE -Dsun.java2d.opengl=$JAVA_OPENGL -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Duser.language=en -Duser.region=US -jar OpenEstate-Tool.jar "$@"
  • Launch a shell / terminal and change into the program directory - for example (if the program is located at '/opt/OpenEstate-ImmoTool'):
    cd /opt/OpenEstate-ImmoTool
  • Make 'ImmoTool-spanish.sh' executable via
    chmod ugo+x ImmoTool-spanish.sh
  • Launch the application via
    ./ImmoTool-spanish.sh

Compared to the original BAT / SH files, the relevant modification is -Duser.language=en -Duser.region=US in the last line.

sgisoft wrote:In addition we tested the beta version but has no Spanish module, so we can not verify if they have the same symptoms.

We currently don't provide languages packages for the beta release. It will take some more weeks, until the first multilingual beta version will be available.
Andreas Rudolph
Andreas Rudolph

Postby sgisoft » Mon 15. Oct 2012, 16:54

Perfect!. :D
It worked like a charm.
As for the beta, if you need us to help in the translation of Castilian, please contact us and we will be happy to help where we can.
Thanks for everything.
A greeting.
sgisoft

Postby Andreas Rudolph » Tue 16. Oct 2012, 17:40

Hi sgisoft.

sgisoft wrote:As for the beta, if you need us to help in the translation of Castilian, please contact us and we will be happy to help where we can.

Thanks a lot for your offer. The spanish translation is done by Mr Strobel. I don't know, if he needs support for his work. Maybe you can get in contact with him via private message.

Notwithstanding the above, if you find any problems with the spanish translation, you're welcome to give a notice to Mr Strobel in the spanish forum or to me in the english forum.
Andreas Rudolph
Andreas Rudolph

Return to Technical problems